Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Favorites September 26, 2008

I created this treasury, which I call October Road, for my Friday favorites this week.

The weather outside today is crisp after a good, soaking rain last night, the wind is blowing, the leaves are turning and stirring, and I was compelled to seek out some Autumnal inspiration.

The Adluh Flour Mill is a landmark in Columbia, South Carolina, and was created by fellow South Carolinian Hilariagalleries. I'm a sucker for vintage advertising signs and labels, and this treasury features some really splendid ones, and some classic graphics in the Dick and Jane book from fleaflyflo. Who over 40 doesn't remember Dick and Jane and Sally and Puff (I always loved Puff!) and Weekly Readers. This nostalgic treausury makes me think of Autumn and Vintage Americana, but it also takes me back to my childhood. It's a sentimental favorite for sure.

No comments: