Monday, September 29, 2008

!naM detnelaT ylsuoireS enO teeM

My fellow PCAGOE member, David Vanover, a/k/a Revanov, IS a seriously talented man. He also has a wicked sense of humor, so if no one else gets the title, I'm sure he will!

David is based in Washington, D.C. He works primarily with polymer clay and precious metals as a medium for his jewelry design. The results are really stunning, the purest examples of form and function existing harmoniously in one piece. David has only been designing jewelry for the past year, and it just goes to prove what I've always heard, that you either have "it" or you don't, and David has "it": Talent in spades.

I have many favorites among David's work, and have spotlighted his Sunspots bracelet (which I think is sheer genius), here on the blog and in an Etsy treasury, but I'm bringing it back, along with a few more of my favorites from his shop.



I love the way the toggle closure is part of the bracelet design. I could have wracked my brain for a hundred years and not come up with that little twist. Fabulous!

David is one artist whom I am certain will always remain true to himself and his truly unique vision. It won't be long before everyone will know the name Revonav. Talent like his won't stay hidden for long, and I hope his star burns white hot bright for a long, long time.



Distant Red




Soft Thunder




Wife On Mars

No comments: