Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

It's been one of those weeks, good things happened and bad things happened, some of it ugly. The good thing that happened was that I sold seven pieces to the Colleton County Museum for their gift shop! Yeah! Did the happy dance for that one until I fell down in a coughing fit...that's the bad. I've had that new strain of flu for almost two weeks now, and can't seem to get rid of it. Sore throat, fever, coughing up a lung, congestion, dizziness, and zero energy. The doctor says there isn't anything to take for it, this particular strain isn't covered by the flu shot, so I've been gulping Tylenol and Robitussin DM. Nasty stuff Robitussin. It's a case of the cure being worse than the bite.

What's that? I didn't explain the ugly? Are you kidding? Do you know what I look like right now? My hair isn't washed and my eyes and nose look like I've been on a three day drunk. UGLY, UGLY, UGLY. The cats won't even play with me. Camille growled at me this morning like I was an alien or something.

If I could get a little bit of energy, I'd make some pretty new clay things, but I think I'll head on back to bed instead. Maybe tomorrow...tomorrow is another day...

3 comments:

Kate said...

You poor thing, I hope you feel better soon! I always eat lots of garlic or take garlic pills and lots of vitamin C and hardly get more than a sniffle! That probably makes you want to get sick right now thinking of it, but once you're well think about it again, preventative medicine, tastes better than Robitussin! :)

Pips said...

Hope you feel better soon. Will send some "feel better soon" wishes across the pond to you xx

Lynda said...

Aw, thank you ladies.

Kate, I love garlic. I eat it by the bushels. Have you ever had peach salsa with garlic? OMG! But, even a boatload of garlic didn't help against this one. It is one nasty bug!