Friday, March 20, 2009

Thursday Clay and Play - March 19, 2009

Our weekly PCAGOE Clay and Play night is Thursday, and last night I thought I was going to get a piece done for the challenge, the theme of which is "Faux". I wanted to duplicate these African Jasper slab cut beads, which I bought several months ago and have been saving for something special. Project started at 7:00 p.m. At 10:00 p.m., I threw in the towel and marbled the sorry mass of glop together, and voila, a happy accident!

The pendant is a custom blend of Gold Premo, Alizarin Crimson Premo, English Garden Studio by Sculpey, Pearl Premo, Kato Translucent, Black Premo and Ranger Distressed Black Embossing Powder marbled in a deep, rich mahogany color to match the African Jasper slab cut beads, to which I added red Carnelian rounds, tiny silver Pyrite rondelles, Russian Serpentine rounds, and polished black Onyx rounds. It is finished with sterling silver spacer beads and a sterling silver toggle clasp.


Too bad it won't do for the April PCAGOE challenge...so, off to the workshop again!

No comments: