Monday, May 4, 2009

Lifeus Interruptus

I intended to get in the studio and stay there all weekend, but several things happened to prevent me from being able to do as I planned. I did make a few new vintage look floral pendants and brooches, and I finished a custom order for a client. Since the styles and techniques are so far apart, it was a little jarring to go from one to the other, and it took me a few minutes to wrap my mind around what to do for the client.

Several months ago, when I first started experimenting with using embossing powders for texture, I made a series of beads I called "Gunpowder and Gold". They were made from Black and Gold clay, and I rolled some Gold snakes in black embossing powder to make this little pendant, which measures about 1 1/2" by 1". I made myself a necklace from it, and my friend Catherine saw it, she asked me to make a necklace for her with a bigger, more squared pendant in the same pattern.

This is what I came up with, after my mind shifted gears from image transfers. I hope she likes it.

These are the image transfers I cured Saturday, and sanded and buffed yesterday. I think I am going to have to take a course on flower names, though. Does anyone know if the purple blooming flower is really a delphinium? That is what I have been calling it.



Tangerine Lily Pendant











Burgundy Carnation Pendant











Watercolor Butterflies Series - Red Gold and Blue Black

6 comments:

sharon said...

Lynda, I love the square pendant, very unique!! and as you can predict,I adore the bottom pendants, soooo beautiful!!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you, Sharon! You are so sweet! If you comment on the pay it forward post, you may get one of these! HINT HINT!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your work is awesome - I'm going to have to buy a piece one day or add one to my wish list! Carolyn

Lynda said...

Thank you, Carolyn. I would love to make a piece just for you, just let me know. :)

Lynda

maraki said...

Lynda, I just love your work and the combination of different motifs. I am just impressed how you blend the animal prints with different elements. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Maraki! I did some more this past weekend that I am really pleased with, hope you like them, too. :)