Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tickled Pink



I am having a bit of the big head this morning. I just found out that I have been named as the Barnwell County (SC) Arts Council's Featured Artist for November! As my friend Linda Riopel would say, Big Circles, Big Circles!

have been featured on several blogs and published in a few magazines, but I have to tell you, there is nothing like a little recognition from the home town folks. The Barnwell County Arts Council is funded in part by the South Carolina Arts Commission which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts.

This little pat on the back has been a huge boost to my confidence and fueled the creative fires a little more this week. So, THANK YOU, Penny Creech, for the encouragement and support and thank you to the South Carolina Arts Council and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Art is not a luxury, it is a necessity of life. Please support your local arts community and the National Endowment for the Arts!

No comments: