Sunday, February 26, 2012

Back in the Studio... Yay! First Up, February's Art Bead Scene Challenge Entry


Hallelujah!  I actually ventured into my studio and didn't get the heebie jeebies.  I stayed and worked out some of the kinks from a 3 month long slump.  Yes, the lights are beginning to come on again.  More about that and my first experiments with Pardo and alcohol inks later but first, here is my entry in Art Bead Scene's February challenge, the theme of which is based on "The Conference of the Birds by Habiballah," (page from a manuscript of the The Language of the Birds of Farid al-Din `Attar ca. 1600.)
I chose to focus on the beautiful blue green and gold peacock in the center of the illustration, and created these earrings and the peacock focal components,  I used a peacock stamp from cooltools, vintaj Etruscan bead caps, other brass findings, fire polished AB finished Czech glass beads in a beautiful majolica blue; Prussian blue acrylic paint and my own blend of antique gold metallic polymer clay.  I distressed them a bit to add some age, too.  So what do you think?  Do these look like Ancient Persia to you?  







6 comments:

Kym Hunter Designs said...

These are gorgeous!

JuLee said...

I am so happy to hear that you are back in your studio again. We all go through periodic slumps and it is sometimes hard to dig out. Your work is amoung my favorite on line so I really miss your when you are not claying.

Roberta Warshaw said...

Oh, they are spectacular! I really thought they were polished brass. Glad you are back in business! You have the "way with clay"!

Pips said...

Dear Lynda, so so happy to hear that you are back in the studio, phew! That is a relief!!! Those earrings are fantastic!

Can't wait to hear more about the pardo clay....... Hope your weekend was a good one xx

Lupe Meter said...

Glad you are back...missed you!! These are are beautiful earrings, Lynda! I just didn't have time this time around to submit an entry...hoping for the next one! Good luck!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you very much for all your lovely comments, my friends! I miss me when I'm not claying, too, JuLee. It's a huge relief to be able to get my hands in the clay again.