Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Scottish and Irish Tartan Jewelry - Sweet Little Brooches


I ran across (no pun intended) these "run rabbit run" vintage pins on Etsy last week, and had to have them.  I am ordering as many as I can find.  I would love to have them in the antique silver finish, too  If anyone knows where they are hiding, please let me know.

I hate to waste anything, and I am  determined to use as much of the pattern as I can.  These images are just big enough to get a 1" circle cut out of and have a little strip left that is wide enough for the opening of these frames.  The finished pieces can be used as brooches or pendants.

I love, love, love them, and so does everyone who has seen them.  Yay!  Several are promised for Valentine's Day, but I can make these in any Scottish or Irish tartan pattern.  More rabbit pins are on the way. 

I have read and studied these tartans so much that I can accurately guess the surname now when I see a pattern.  Unfortunately, Irish tartans are limited to county/districts in Ireland, and there are only 3 that I can find for specific surnames. 

I'm off to hunt wabbits...


Buchanan


Wallace
 
MacLeod of Raasay

Royal Stewart











9 comments:

Pips said...

Lynda they are so beautiful! Have you come across the Logan Tartan yet? That is my family name and is Scottish. anyway, just wanted to congratulate you on another beautiful series and hope that the Polymer muse soon returns. Much love. PIPPA

SueBeads said...

LOVE your tartans! Mine's Scottish! We stayed in the Kennedy Castle one night - it was a cool thing to do!

SueBeads said...

Well, I MEANT mine's Kennedy...

Lupe Meter said...

These are awesome, Lynda...glad to see your creative mojo is back! Love these little brooches!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you, my friends! I love making these so much, I'm glad you like them, too.

Pippa, I have a beautiful black and red Logan. Sue, got that Kennedy tartan, too. It's actually in the next batch I'm going to try out! :)

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Wow, those are awesome especially with the rabbit. I have a video I have to send you now.

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thanks, Bonnie! Hmm, a Buster video, I hope? LOL

BluMoon said...

I love your little pins what a great find.
I have two family tartans both my parents had family tartans they could use if they wished.
I expect you know most clans had two tartans the hunting and the dress. Also some of the counties in England have a tartan the Devonshire one is quite nice.
Jackie

JuLee said...

These are so beautiful. Makes me wish I was of Irish descent. I'm a regular melting pot - French, English, Welsh, Dutch, mostly.