Saturday, December 1, 2012

Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Monet

Reflections Earrings
These pieces are all from Round 3 of the controlled marbling technique tutorial, which resulted in these beauties (if I do say so myself.)

he color palette this time around was inspired by Monet's series of Water Lilies paintings:  Plum, violet, orchid, lavender, purple, iolite, aqua, teal, turquoise, cerulean blue, Prussian blue, sapphire blue and little swirls of silver running throughout.

I can't wait for you all to see how little clay it takes to produce all these pieces.  You will be amazed.  A dab'll do ya, for sure. 

Reflections II Earrings
My Momma also wanted to let everyone know that I wasn't picking on her when I posted about her recent Christmas sweater fetish.  In fact, she was standing over my shoulder laughing while I wrote the post.

I tease her relentlessly about the Red Hat Society she belongs to, and she promises that when my time comes for induction (never gonna happen) she intends to gag me, kidnap me, and take me by force to the meeting.  Don't worry, she'd never catch me, not with her spindly little legs.  Hee Hee  

Reflections I Pendant
Lily Pond Pendant

Skinner Blend from the Monet Scraps

One or two more color combinations and I think I'll be ready to start putting the written text together!  Yay!

5 comments:

The Crazy Creative Corner said...

SO looking forward to your tute on this. I've been a big chicken about just diving in and experimenting!

John (SC) said...

Hi Lynda, These are beautiful. You and I think along the same limes. I like Monet and Southwestern things. Especially the SW colors. You really have a gift in achieving the feeling of what you are trying to portray. However, the title of this post should have been......."Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Money!!!!!" But then everything would have to be green. OK,No more. You are really on a roll. Or should I say,"Still on a roll." Take care.
John(SC)

John(SC) said...

Just realized I wrote,...along the same 'limes' instead of lines. I really am thinking green. Hope you get lots of it. The spending kind, not pie kind.
John(SC)

Ginger Davis Allman (The Blue Bottle Tree) said...

Like I said on Flickr...gorgeous!! Your color sense is really special. I always look forward to seeing your work. New posts from you are like getting a wonderful package in the mail! Tutorials are so much work, I feel for you! I just got mine finished on Friday. I gave myself a Dec 1st deadline and that gave me the boost I needed to power through and get it done. Hope it goes easily for you and the word fairy sprinkles his magic over you.!

Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Thank you all so much!

John, you are too kind!

Ginger, I wish you much luck with your new tutorial! I am sure it is wonderful!